Art in the Schools
Art in the Classroom
The Art in the Classroom program sponsored by The Andrew & Laura McCain Art Gallery puts a piece of original art in a classroom for a 2-week period. A curriculum package is also provided to the teachers with accompanying resources that are loaded with suggestions for teaching and learning, all of which are cross-curricular in nature. The packages include:
- Colin Smith’s One Kilometre of Florenceville
- Irene Tompkins’ Landscapes and Florals
- Alanna Baird’s At the Seashore
- Suzanne Hill’s A Dancer’s Story
- Public Art – Featuring the Maquette for Stephen Hutchings’ Marich Pole
Contact the Gallery or ASD-W Art Lead Susan Galbraith to reserve a package.
This project is made possible by support from the Sheila Hugh MacKay Foundation, Carleton North Community Foundation, and Anglophone School District – West.