|The Andrew & Laura McCain Art Gallery is a not-for-profit public art Gallery dedicated to increasing access, awareness and appreciation of art in our region. We believe a creative community is a successful community – so we cultivate creativity in our community by providing a professional venue for the visual art, promoting professional artists and their role in the community, delivering accessible arts education for all ages, and at the River Art Centre, space for creation.The generosity of patrons like you makes our programming possible, allowing us to maintain and increase art opportunities orchestrated by the Gallery, including our exhibits, art education, community events, programming, and support of culture. Each donation has a direct impact – enabling us to:
- Present Exhibitions year-round that support and exhibit the art of local, regional and national artists. The Andrew & Laura McCain Art Gallery is a significant partner to what makes the Upper St. John River Valley and Florenceville-Bristol a cultural tourism destination.
- Provide field trips to local classes, building familiarity with the visual arts through the welcoming community space of the Gallery and broadening horizons.
- Begin an awareness and appreciation of art in youth who may otherwise have limited opportunity to create and see art, through our in-school Art Afternoons, which also introduce local artists as community role models and instructors to all students.
- Deliver unique workshops and learning experiences for all ages, providing opportunities to develop excellence in art and fine craft. Our Afterschool Art Clubs and Art Camps in March Break and during the summer months provide opportunities to explore new media, new techaniques and new ideas.
- Provide accessible and affordable studio space, establishing our area as a centre for art excellence. Our annex space for artists art creation, professional development, collaboration, and artist-in-residencies, the River Art Centre & Studios.
- Providing artists access to the RAC Print Making Studio, established in collaboration with McCain Foods and the Sheila High Mackay Foundation in 2018.
Your support is important to us, and we hope you will consider the Gallery once again in your giving planning next year.
For more information about giving to The Andrew & Laura McCain Art Gallery or to make a donation by phone, please contact Jennifer Stead, Executive Director & Curator at