|The Andrew & Laura McCain Art Gallery is a not-for-profit public Gallery dedicated to increasing access, awareness and appreciation of art in our region. We believe a creative community is a successful community – so we cultivate creativity in our community by providing a professional venue for the display of art, promoting professional artists and their role in the community, delivering accessible arts education for all ages, and building space for creation.The generosity of patrons like you makes our programming possible, allowing us to maintain and increase art opportunities orchestrated by the Gallery, including our exhibits, community events, programming, and involvement and leadership in community events. Each donation has a direct impact – enabling us to:
- Present Exhibitions year-round; promoting regional artists and attracting patrons and leading NB artists to enjoy the Gallery as well as our beautiful upper St. John River Valley communities.
- Provide field trips to local classes, building familiarity with the Gallery as a welcoming community space and broadening horizons.
- Begin an awareness and appreciation of art in youth who may otherwise have limited opportunity to create and see art, through our in-school Art Afternoons, which also introduce local artists as community role models and instructors to all students.
- Deliver unique workshops and learning experiences for all ages, providing opportunities to develop excellence in art and fine craft. Our Afterschool Art Clubs and Summer Art Outreach programs bring our art enrichment programming to our local schools and rural surrounding communities.
- Provide accessible and affordable studio space, establishing our area as a centre for art excellence. We have launched our annex space for artists art creation, professional development, collaboration, and artist-in-residencies, the River Art Centre & Studios. Stay tuned for more on this exciting endeavour!
Your support is important to us, and we hope you will consider the Gallery once again in your giving planning next year.
For more information about giving to The Andrew & Laura McCain Art Gallery or to make a donation by phone, please contact Jennifer Stead, Executive Director & Curator at